Mould is a natural and vital part of Earth’s ecosystem; however, it can be harmful to the health of you and your employees, particularly in an enclosed or indoor environment. People susceptible to having their health compromised by mould include asthma sufferers and those with a weak immune system.
It can be difficult to assess whether your employees are being affected by mould as symptoms are typically flu-like in nature (coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, etc.) Here are a few steps you can take if you suspect the presence of mould in your workplace:
- Consider if you have noticed a rise in humidity levels or damp odours
- Ensure that you regularly maintain air conditioning units
- Take note of any employees experiencing respiratory problems
- Seek the advice of a professional occupational hygienist
- Take note of leaks in roofs and/or walls and repair as soon as possible
Tony Lane Consulting’s expert team of occupational hygienists are available 7 days and can perform a range of tests to locate and eradicate mould in your workplace. Give us a call today or fill out a contact form and we’ll be in touch within one business day.
Learn more about occupational hygiene.